Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Time keeps on slippin...

Photobucket

Over the weekend I had a chance to catch up with three very old friends and most recent events in their lives. I love these women, we have had such a strong and loving relationship since early high school. A MENTION OF A COMING UP 40 YEAR CLASS REUNION IN JUST 4 YEARS ROCKED MY LITTLE WORLD.


How did all those years pass by so quickly???

I found myself wondering just What do I have to show for all those years?

It goes without saying my beautiful children and grandchildren...but "what" is still a looming question?

I am having a moment, a sense of urgency, a uncomfortable feeling for myself.

My mind races with thoughts.

Then I found myself humming....

Steve Miller. The Eagles.
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Into the future
Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin
Into the future
I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till Im free
Oh, lord, through the revolution
Feed the babies
Who dont have enough to eat
Shoe the children
With no shoes on their feet
House the people
Livin in the street
Oh, oh, theres a solution
I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me

Maybe I have a purpose, unclear to me.
I feel worthy without works if that makes any sense?

I find comfort knowing it is such a huge universe and I am for the most part I am simply happy to be apart of it all. Giving when and what I can to and for others, taking a small piece for myself.

I am grateful.
If you can appreciate that...love TJ














2 comments:

  1. Time goes faster than I ever think it should. I can't believe that my babies are no longer babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, my friend...it seems like just yesterday we were young and everything was ahead of us...not so any more...

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes you more tolerant of a neighbor's noisy party than being there. ~ Franklin P. Jones
Attitude is a Choice.