Friday, April 3, 2009

You make me feel like shit...oh well.



Every year we go through what has become a ritual, he calls and asks us to carry his bills for the month of April until we are all back to work.
Their bills are small in comparison but that really isn't the point.

This year I said "NO, I just can not do it son."
I tried to explain more how it makes me feel to be put in such a position more so then the why I can not float them a loan.

It makes me feel terrible.

His last words to me was "well I guess I will have to sell my ass on a street corner."
My last words were "Fine, just stay the hell off my corner!"

It isn't always so easy...oh well I hope I am doing him a favor but I am sure it wouldn't appear that way to him right now.
He can not spend his entire life in the hole...he has a family to think of.

They are both able to work...I will just have to keep reminding myself.
34 years and still not weaned from my breast and now with a family.
Sometimes I feel like an ol' hamster!

3 comments:

  1. I loved your "corner" response. :) We love them no matter what and they will never see a "no" as love. The crap part of being a parent. *sigh*

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, that has to make you feel bad! I know we, just this week, had to say no to one of our kids and it does hurt, makes you feel bad, but they have to stand on their own at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did the right thing. For him to say that is manipulative and you called him out on it. Glad you are standing up for yourself. I know it still hurts though.

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes you more tolerant of a neighbor's noisy party than being there. ~ Franklin P. Jones
Attitude is a Choice.