Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Am I smarter then a third grader?

The better part of my learning seems to have occured outside the classroom.
I love to make people happy and have my behaviors rewarded, yet I never backed away to far from which behaviors were likely to be punished if I thought it was worth the risk.

Meg and Nick both talk allot about school. They want to compare the classes theirs to ours back when which I find hysterical.
I try my hardest to explain that the skills and abilities we had as challenges can not be compared.

I read allot of books, often I skim through looking for the information I need at the time...I do not study them but I won't tell them that.
I don't indulge them in the ol' " I walked 5 miles in the freezing snow to get to school."
and you can bet it will be a long time before I tell them about hitchhiking 5 miles to get to the beach....laughing.

I didn't live at home when I graduated from High School, much to much in a hurry to grow up I guess. I hope these little ones soak up the security yet use the wings they have been given and never forget their roots.

So when asked " Are you smart grama? " My answer is " Not as smart as I will be tomorrow babe."



2 comments:

  1. TJ! Jodi did a great job and I love your music. :) Meg is quite the young lady, how did she get older so fast?

    I'm happy to see your poetry. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great answer!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes you more tolerant of a neighbor's noisy party than being there. ~ Franklin P. Jones
Attitude is a Choice.