Monday, March 2, 2009

Against the hard winds...




These past few years I have given a new look at my life.
I have worked my way through some painful experiences.
I now believe those times to be somewhat delightful as well as dramatic.

I have fought cancer.
Taken control of run away chrones.
I have struggled with a man-child, barely breathing through years of drug and alcohol addictions wondering if he would ever find his way.
Walked away from my job to help keep my husband’s business adventure afloat.
I have buried friends that have fallen to disease.

Not one single thing that I experienced which often brought me to my bed to tired to dream was unique.
To often I felt I was never in the right place at that just right moment in time.
I built a pity pot to big for even me to crawl up on and it remains in a safe place so I can visit when I want.

My true friends watched me as I as I walk through the rough times artificially.
I am sure they questioned my foundation I walked on.

Then I had an epiphany.
Walking against the hard winds of time is living life.
There are those who put on a badge of courage and other who mark their chest with a scarlet letter for their efforts in the walk against the hard winds of time.

I now realize the truth is we all end up on the other side of time.
Not always is it the same moment or the same walk but we all get there.
There is nothing unique about the journey except our attitudes.
I am working on mine...

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciated this entry today. In a way, you've conveyed what I've tried to tell people often. That the experiences, although individual to our own, aren't all the original to life. We all have the same basic set of realities......however, how people react to them, how they express them and handle them. Thats what is orginal......I think I'm going to try and write about this again in my journal. See if I can get it right~~Beautiful post and a great inspiration for me.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you put it! I often question my walk but I do always get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen fellow warrior! You have had a tough time but you're still here. So get that groove on like your mom does. She's a cool chick!

    Glad you're in my life!
    Love

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes you more tolerant of a neighbor's noisy party than being there. ~ Franklin P. Jones
Attitude is a Choice.