Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Predicatable bitching...Tax Time


A small tax break this year....2008????
Huh?
Are you a sole-proprietor, consultant, contractor, or single-owner LLC
Receive income from a side job or self-employment
Prepare W-2 and 1099-MISC forms for employees
File your personal and business taxes together

Yup ..Yup....I am

Gimme!
I am not seeing the adjusted dollar amounts for a variety of tax provisions each year to keep pace with inflation.
The 15.3 % self employment tax on top of our regular income tax is simply not right!

Surprise.?#@&?

Note:Many people are surprised at their tax bills at the end of the year because they notice that they paid a lot more tax as a self-employed person than they did as an employee. That’s because as a self-employed person, you pay two types of income taxes: the self-employment tax, and the regular income tax. more....

We are paying out less only because we made less.

I try to be smart.
My car isn't new, but my home is insured sufficiently for it to be rebuilt in the event of a massive fire.

So when asked

Are you being responsible with your hard-earned dollars?

I reply

( any IRS looking?? )

Bite me!!

G'day all.

1 comment:

  1. I so resent paying taxes to a government that uses them to finance a ridiculous war while our infrastructure continues to deteriorate...oh, and do you think the big companies get hit hard? Somehow I doubt it...

    Judi

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes you more tolerant of a neighbor's noisy party than being there. ~ Franklin P. Jones
Attitude is a Choice.