Friday, March 20, 2009

I came from


I am the unanswered question
Spawn of life
Coming from disciplines un-harnessed.

From animated matter
a normal miracle of conception,
under perfect physical and chemical conditions.

I was the infant unknown
A child to be,
a woman someday in time.

I am the emergence of biological complexity.
I am the first born child, I came from young love.



For Sunday Scribblings...I came from.

[photo credit:www.inter-disciplinary.net]

I hope there isn't a penis in that picture- I couldn't tell!

{{{ laughing}}}
Write Words Writers Club entry Haiku

15 comments:

  1. Love you poem! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect !!!!! loved it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. poetry seems to do this sunday scribblings topic better justice than other ways of writing - yours is lovely, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved how you've described this!
    science meets physicality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the way those words built upon themselves and created a visual that didn't even need the picture. Very nice indeed.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous words! I love how you said, "A woman someday in time."

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful take on the prompt. If you are not sure there is a penis, there probably isn't. That wisdom can continue through life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...a normal miracle..."

    I like that.
    You've said a lot in some thrifty and meaningful language.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post TJ! Where did you go on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well expressed!
    Neatly written to the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aren't we all. :) Very nicely written. :)

    ReplyDelete

Nothing makes you more tolerant of a neighbor's noisy party than being there. ~ Franklin P. Jones
Attitude is a Choice.